Employee Spotlight: Loretta Lynn Arndt
The Employee Spotlight is a section to highlight employees from various departments within the City. Employees will be selected randomly unless nominations are made. Click here to nominate a friend. The employee highlight provides an opportunity to meet a co-worker who you may or may not interact with outside of your department.
A special thank you to Michelle Tveito for suggesting Employee Highlights.
May 2019 Spotlight
Loretta Lynn Arndt
Loretta is a Risk Management Technician for the Legal & Risk Management Department. She has worked for the City for 7 years.
- What is your favorite way to pass time? Spending time with my family at Disneyland.
- What is an interesting fact about you? My husband and I own 12 cars, mostly muscle cars. We drive them all and he maintains them too.
- Secret talent? I use my smart phone and Google to search for someone or something. Maybe in a prior life I was a detective?
- What provides you inspiration? My family and friends. I like to be around them because they give me good, positive and fun times!
- What was your favorite childhood book/movie/character? Samantha Stephens from Bewitched.I always wanted to be like her with her magical powers. My daughter could have been named Tabitha, but we chose Christine instead.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a High School Math teacher.However, after the second year of calculus, I decided to become a business major.
- If you could travel/vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Maybe Walt Disney World in Florida or Aulani in Hawaii. Anywhere with my husband and kids.
- Favorite musician/band or type of music? Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.I’ve seen Frankie Valli in concert and he is amazing!
- Who was your childhood actor/actress crush? Los Angeles Dodgers second baseman, Steve Sax #3. I signed my name on my school papers in math class as Loretta Sax. I met him and have pictures.
- If you were a wrestler, what would be your entrance theme song? Bad Reputation by Joan Jett.
- What’s your favorite tradition or holiday? Halloween – skulls, pumpkins, etc. Come visit my cubicle or my house, it’s Halloween every day for me and my family.
- What’s is one thing we don’t know about you? I won an award in 9th grade at Fontana Junior High School as the fastest typist in the school.I self-taught myself on a manual typewriter where you had to manually set the margins and push/pull the carriage of the typewriter.Who remembers margins set at Pica or Elite?I took two classes at school and never took another typing class again.Thanks to my Mom for registering me for those two typing classes because typing has been an important part of my jobs.
- You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? Sushi? Scotch Tape? German food from the Jagerhaus in Anaheim!
- Would you rather live without heat and AC or live without social media?I don’t’ like to freeze and I can handle the heat.I keep in contact with friends and family on social media. So, I would go without AC.