Employee Spotlight: Ida Lopez
The Employee Spotlight is a section to highlight employees from various departments within the City. Employees will be selected randomly unless nominations are made. Click here to nominate a friend. The employee highlight provides an opportunity to meet a co-worker who you may or may not interact with outside of your department.
A special thank you to Michelle Tveito for suggesting Employee Highlights.
August 2019 Spotlight
Ida is the Office Manager for the Community Development Department. She has worked for the City for over 33 years.
- What is your favorite way to pass time? Spending time with my children and grandchildren; visiting my soldier/son wherever he may be in the World. (Currently, back in California for a couple of years.)
- What is an interesting fact about you? My family has lived in Corona for 5 generations.
- Favorite quote? The world is full of good people. If you can't find one be one. ~St. Mother Teresa
- What provides you inspiration? My 93-year-old mama. She is our family rock!
- What was your favorite childhood book/movie/character? I loved watching the Wizard of Oz.
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen? Attack of the killer Tomatoes
- What is the best movie you’ve ever seen? Saving Private Ryan
- If you could travel/vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Europe or a Tropical Island
- Favorite musician/band or type of music? I enjoy ALL types of music. I would say the Beatles, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, and 80’s music are my favorites.
- Finish this sentence, “I wish I could…..” talk to my dad one last time.
- Who was your childhood actor/actress crush? Rob Lowe
- If you were a wrestler, what would be your entrance theme song? R.E.S.P.E.C.T. by Aretha Franklin
- Have you ever completed anything on your “bucket list”? Yes, going to a World Series game(s), and going to the Bahamas; hopefully MANY more to come…soon!
- What’s your favorite tradition or holiday? My favorite tradition is Christmas Eve with my parents and my four sisters. Today, it’s just mama, but we’ve added our spouses, 9 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. Lots of food, laughter and love all together at the same time.
- What’s is one thing we don’t know about you? I snuck into game 1 of the 1988 World Series at Dodger Stadium and witnessed Kirk Gibson’s most famous and unforgettable winning game homerun!
- Would you rather live without heat and AC or live without social media? Social media