Employee Spotlight: Laura Lopez
The Employee Spotlight is a section to highlight employees from various departments within the City. Employees will be selected randomly unless nominations are made. Click here to nominate a friend. The employee highlight provides an opportunity to meet a co-worker who you may or may not interact with outside of your department.
A special thank you to Michelle Tveito for suggesting Employee Highlights.
October 2019 Spotlight
Laura is the Administrative Secretary for the Department of Water & Power. She has worked for the City for over 10 years.
- What is your favorite way to pass time? I love to relax and watch Harry Potter movies!
- What is an interesting fact about you? Most people don’t know this about me, but for some crazy reason, I like to hear about paranormal events.
- Secret talent? I can cook some mean enchiladas and salsa!
- Favorite quote? “We’re gonna need a bigger boat..”
- What provides you inspiration? My grown children. Both my son and daughter have taught me so much about how to be a better person.
- What was your favorite childhood book/movie/character? I’d have to say Jaws. The sequels were not as good.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A singer… go figure.
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen? Didn’t care much for the Terminator movies. I hope he doesn’t “come back”.
- What is the best movie you’ve ever seen? Don’t have a best. But the movie that affected me the most has had to be the Gladiator. Still cry when I see it. Go Maximus!
- If you could travel/vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Hawaii, Hawaii…and then take a side trip to Hawaii.
- Favorite musician/band or type of music? Earth Wind and Fire and the Eagles.
- Finish this sentence, “I wish I could…cure cancer”
- Who was your childhood actor/actress crush? Keanu Reeves..still is. 😊
- If you were a wrestler, what would be your entrance theme song? No comment..
- If you could bring back any fashion trend what would it be? The Farah Fawcett hair style….classic look for the 70s/80s.
- Have you ever completed anything on your “bucket list”? Not yet.Still working on the list.
- What’s your favorite tradition or holiday? Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It’s a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my grown kids and family.
- What’s is one thing we don’t know about you? I love cats!
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? Can’t say that I have tried anything weird. Although, the first time I ate lobster…I was hooked!
- You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? Sushi? Scotch Tape? Well, not Sushi, so I guess I would have to pick the Scotch Tape.
- Would you rather live without heat and AC or live without social media? I’d rather live without Social Media.I think it would be good to go back to the basics and actually speak to people instead of texting or looking at websites.