COVID-19 FFCRA Paid Leave Request
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires the City to provide employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
City employees are eligible for up to two weeks of fully or partially paid sick leave for COVID-19 related reasons (see below). Employees who have been employed for at least 30 days prior to their leave request may be eligible for up to an additional 10 weeks of partially paid expanded family and medical leave for reason #5 below.
An employee is entitled to take paid sick leave related to COVID-19 if the employee is unable to work, including unable to work from home, because the employee:
1. is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
2. has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
3. is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
4. is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
5. is caring for their child (under the age of 18) whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; or
6. is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Documentation – One or more of the following documents are required and need to be provided to Human Resources:
• A copy of the Federal, State or local quarantine or isolation order
• Written documentation by a health care provider asking employee to self-quarantine
• A notice of closure from your child’s school, place of care, or child care provider
Pay Entitlements – Up to two weeks (80 hours, or a part-time employee’s two-week equivalent) of paid sick leave paid at:
• 100% for qualifying reasons #1-3 above
• 2/3 for qualifying reasons #4 and 6 above
• Up to 12 weeks of paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave paid at 2/3 for qualifying reason #5 above
A part-time employee is eligible for leave for the number of hours that the employee is normally scheduled to work over that period.
Annual Leave Supplement
An employee entitled to receive 2/3 of their regular rate of pay (reason #4 and 6 above) and may supplement FFCRA pay (the remaining 1/3) with their available accrued leave hours.
Employees will be required to code their timecards as Annual Leave until official notification from Human Resources is received that the employee’s FFCRA request has been approved. Once approved, employees will be required to code their time as FFCRA.